Friday, January 15, 2016

SUMMER

Yes, Summer is the highlight of every year that I have been alive. Even when I was little and nieve Summer was the most fun time for me. Also I am pretty sure that if you ask around more than 90% of kids will say that they live for Summer, I mean unless you are a skier and only like snow. Not only do I like Summer because I am stuck in Park City where it is cold most of the year but I strive for the heat. Not only do I like the heat but there is a never ending list if reasons why Summer is my favorite. I have tried to narrow it down to some of the best reasons along with a memory for each reason. I mean Summer is the time to make memories.

1. Late Nights

Courtesy of love this pic
For me the best part about Summer is staying up until your eyes can't stay open. I don't know what it is about the night but I love it. If you are weird like me then you are a giant ball of energy during the night. It could be a train wreck but I keep my S%*@ together. One fairly recent memory of a late summer night was when I went out to dinner, desert, then slept over at a friends. We went to dinner at my parents restaurant and stayed two hours after dinner was finished then walked in the dark to get frozen yogurt. After walking back to Blind Dog four of us pied into the two back seats of dad's jeep and headed back to the house. From there we stayed up, listening to music and laughing then I went to my friends and we slept in hammocks tied in the tree is her backyard.


2. Sleeping In 

Sleeping in the next morning is usually followed by the late night you had before. Yeah, yeah being up early makes you feel good and all but Ive got to be honest I don't care. Getting up at one, eating lunch, and then going back to having fun is the way to go. I mean if you have things to do and want to accomplish something then be my guest and get up early. One memory that I am going to share isn't a memory because it happened once and was special, but because it happened more than once. During the summer I would sleep in until noon, eat some breakfast then head out on the boat come back home and stay up late with my friends. Most of the time though I don't even need to stay up late in order to sleep in.

3. Midst of the heat

Some may think the heat isn't enjoyable because you sweat, get hot, and think your going to die. Me on the other hand, I strive for the heat. I have only had one bad experience with the summer heat and lucky enough I'll tell you. It was two years ago, in the middle of July and I was in Virginia looking at the boarding school. It was 110 degree and there were no clouds in sight and I was standing like an idiot, sweating like a pig trying to pay attention. I thought for a minute that I may actually die from over heating but I survived. 

4. Bonfires

Courtesy of tumblr
Part of the Summer experience is having or going to a bonfire. The four months of freedom we have wouldn't be complete if not going to one. One of the best times I have ever had was around a bonfire. Wether you are sitting around one underneath the stars camping or sitting in your backyard with your neighbors, the fire creates memories. Over the Summer while I was camping with family friends in the Uintas we made a huge fire and sat around it and ate hotdogs and looked at the stars. Nights like that are the best nights to have.

5. The food..

YASSSS.... Food is what my life revolves around. If I made a list of the foods that I like to enjoy during the summer it would stretch across the state of California. From drinks to desert I like it all. Watermelon, popsicles, and BLTs are all great in the heat but my heart is taken when it comes to Italian subs and soft serve ice cream. When I go back east to visit my family I grab an Italian sub head to the
beach and when I can't take the heat anymore I get a soft serve and go back to the house. It's pretty great and the life to live.

Anyways, I am pretty much just day dreaming about Summer already and we are only half way through the school year. Whoop whoop yay school!


No comments:

Post a Comment