Sunday, March 20, 2016

spring break

It doesn't matter if you are going somewhere exotic or staying home but spring break is always exciting. I don't know if it is so great just because it is a reminder school is almost over or just because it is a break but either way it gets me pumped.

The past couple of years spring break has had a rotation of going somewhere or staying home. Every single year it has been fun for me, even if I spend it in bed with food and Netflix while everyone else is off partying. Anyways, I am super excited for the spring that is coming up in two weeks. I get to go back to Islamorada in the Florida Keys. If this is your first time reading my blog then you don't know that the Keys are probably my favorite place to vacation. I can't quite put my finger on one exact reason that I like it so much but I am a little obsessed. Even just thinking and talking about it makes me want to be there so much more.

This year I am going with my family and we are meeting another family there. We are renting a huge house with them that has a pool, hot tub, and a path from the pool that leads to the private beach. I don't think I have ever been more anxious in my entire life to get to a place. I have been counting down the days until I am in the water and fishing. I have already decided that I can't leave without fishing, driving a boat, eating fresh shrimp and coconuts, and seeing the endangered turtles.

Last trip to Florida we went to the Aquarium. Ever since we wen
Courtesy of Drop Back Charters 
t I have had a weird obsession, most likely because it is nothing like the one we have in here in the great state of Utah. It is insane. In the floor is a giant swimming pool for turtles that have been hurt. Also there are a ton of cats running around the place which I think is pretty legit because I love cats. There are also some pretty cool parrots that enjoy yelling in Spanish, which I personally think is really entertaining. On the other hand here in Utah we have a no touch policy and everything is clean. For me I like a little chaos and can not wait to get there.

Well, anyways you can probably tell that I am super stoked to go on this trip and have another sick spring break. Just on another note I really do think that they should have a spring break appreciation day because of how much I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment